Friday, October 26, 2007

Fires Everywhere

What a week this has been...
I've been sitting here watching my city go up in flames - watching the incredible bravery of our firefighters - watching the wonderful spirit and generosity of our people. We live in such a diverse amazing place. I am grateful to be here. I am grateful so few lives were lost and my heart aches for all those who lost their homes.
We have had some horrendous tragedies and natural disasters all over the world the past few years and yet somehow, people are able to continue. We think we are so different, but we're not. We all want the same things - shelter, food, water, security, safety for our families - support from those around us when everything goes wrong.
We may not look the same - we may not live the same - but we are all connected and we are all in this together. The more I travel the more I see our similarities and appreciate our differences.
May today be a good day for all of you and your families!

Debbi

No comments: