Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sept. 27, 2008

"Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.

Maya Angelou

In my travels, I have found that our similarities are far greater than our differences. It's the people that make travel as interesting as it is. I find that my memories are not so much of a famous building or a church, but of the wonderful taxi driver who took me to the building and the funny guide who told me the stories about the church. My cruise memories are colored by the crew members I have met from all over the world. From Alaska, I bring back the night the girl in the gift shop in Juneau taught me how to say thank you in Tlingit (gunalcheesh) - even writing it on my receipt so I wouldn't forget. It was important to her because their language is dying.
Tell me some of your stories - everyone has one:)

Debbi (the Vacation Diva)

1 comment:

Terry - The Trip Guy said...

Hey Diva Girl. Congrats on getting your blog up. I know your friends and clients will really appreciate this. Anxious to see some of the responses you get. Have fun!